When it comes to protecting your home from the elements, your roof plays a crucial role. Hail, wind, falling branches – your roof takes a beating. That’s where Class 4 shingles come into play. These impact-resistant roofing materials are designed to withstand Mother Nature’s fury and keep your home safe and sound. In this blog, we’ll dive into the world of Class 4 shingles and explore five fantastic options to give your home the ultimate protection it deserves.
What’s inside this blog:
- Brief overview of class 4 shingles
- The benefits that class 4 shingles bring to you and your home
- 5 key types of class 4 shingles
Ready to figure out which type of Class 4 Shingles could be best for shielding your home from the elements? Start reading!
So, What Are Class 4 Shingles? 🤔
Before we jump into the options, let’s briefly explain what Class 4 shingles are all about.
Class 4 shingles are a type of roofing material that meets the highest level of impact resistance standards set by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL). These shingles are engineered to withstand intense hail storms and heavy winds, making them a solid choice for homeowners looking to bolster their roof’s durability.
Class 4 Shingles Benefits
Class 4 shingles are an excellent choice for homeowners looking to fortify their roofs against the unpredictability of Mother Nature. First and foremost, they’re all about durability. These shingles are designed to be the superheroes of roofing materials, boasting a longer lifespan than your standard roofing options. They stand up to the test of time, keeping your home secure through the years.
But that’s not all – Class 4 shingles can also save you some hard-earned cash. Certain insurance companies offer discounts to homeowners who opt for these impact-resistant shingles. That’s because they significantly reduce the likelihood of damage to your roof shingles during severe weather events, such as hailstorms. So not only do you get a robust roof, but you might also see some savings on your insurance premiums but cutting down on roof repairs.
Your investment in Class 4 shingles doesn’t just stop at durability and potential insurance savings; it can also bolster your home’s overall value. Impact-resistant roofing is a feature that many homebuyers look for. When it comes time to sell, having these shingles in place can give your property a competitive edge in the market. So, it’s an investment that not only protects but also potentially pays off in the long run.
Speaking of protection, peace of mind is another significant benefit. When you have Class 4 shingles on your roof, you can rest easy, knowing that your home is fortified against the elements. Whether it’s a raging storm or a barrage of hail, your roof has your back.
Lastly, for those who are environmentally conscious, Class 4 shingles often come in eco-friendly options. Many of them are made from recyclable materials, making them a responsible choice for homeowners who want to reduce their environmental footprint while enhancing their home’s resilience. It’s a win-win for your house and the planet.
1. GAF ArmorShield II 🛡️
GAF is a trusted name in the roofing industry, and their ArmorShield II shingles are no exception. These Class 4 shingles are designed to provide superior protection against impact damage while also offering a beautiful and textured appearance.
- Advanced Protection: ArmorShield II shingles are reinforced with a special rubber-like material for added durability.
- Curb Appeal: With a wide variety of colors and styles to choose from, you can find the perfect look for your home.
- Excellent Warranty: GAF offers a lifetime limited warranty, so you’re covered for the long haul.
2. Owens Corning Duration Series 🏹
Owens Corning is another heavyweight in the roofing industry, known for its quality and innovation. Their Duration Series shingles are a great option for those seeking impact resistance without compromising on style.
- SureNail Technology: These shingles feature Owens Corning’s patented SureNail Technology for excellent wind resistance.
- Stunning Aesthetics: The Duration Series comes in a wide range of colors and styles to match your home’s design.
- Impressive Warranty: Owens Corning offers a limited lifetime warranty, giving you peace of mind.
3. Malarkey Legacy Shingles 🛠️
Malarkey Roofing Products has been in the game for over 60 years, and their Legacy shingles are a testament to their expertise. These Class 4 shingles offer durability and energy efficiency.
- Nexgen Technology: Malarkey’s Nexgen technology enhances the shingles’ flexibility and impact resistance.
- Energy Efficiency: Legacy shingles are designed to reflect more sunlight, keeping your home cooler in the summer.
- Green Initiatives: Malarkey is committed to sustainability, using recycled materials in their shingle production.
4. CertainTeed Landmark IR 🌟
CertainTeed’s Landmark IR shingles combine beauty and brawn. These Class 4 shingles come in a variety of stunning colors and offer excellent impact resistance.
- Stylish Variety: Landmark IR shingles are available in an array of colors to match any architectural style.
- Triple Layer Protection: These shingles feature a triple-layer design for added durability.
- Lifetime Warranty: CertainTeed stands by the quality of their Landmark IR shingles with a lifetime limited warranty.
5. Pabco Premier Advantage 🌆
Pabco Roofing Products might not be as well-known as some of the giants in the industry, but their Premier Advantage shingles pack a punch when it comes to impact resistance.
- High Impact Rating: Premier Advantage shingles have one of the highest impact ratings available.
- Distinctive Styles: You can choose from various styles and colors to suit your home’s aesthetic.
- Competitive Warranty: Pabco offers a solid warranty, ensuring your investment is protected.
How Do Class 4 Shingles Work? 🤯
Class 4 shingles achieve their impressive impact resistance through several key components:
- Heavyweight Design: Class 4 shingles are heavier than standard shingles, making them less susceptible to wind uplift.
- Rubberized Layers: Some Class 4 shingles have rubberized layers that absorb and disperse impact energy.
- Reinforced Matting: These shingles often feature a reinforced matting material that enhances their strength.
- Thicker Material: The thickness of Class 4 shingles adds to their overall durability.
- Advanced Adhesive: Superior adhesive technology ensures these shingles stay put, even in extreme conditions.
The Cost of Impact Resistance 💰
While Class 4 shingles offer incredible protection, they do come at a higher price point than standard roofing materials. However, it’s essential to consider the long-term benefits, including potential insurance savings, increased home value, and reduced repair costs in case of damage.
Protecting Your Home with Class 4 Shingles 🏠
Investing in Class 4 shingles is like giving your home a suit of armor against the forces of nature. With options like GAF ArmorShield II, Owens Corning Duration Series, Malarkey Legacy, CertainTeed Landmark IR, and Pabco Premier Advantage, you can find the perfect balance between protection and style.
Remember, your roof is your home’s first line of defense, so choosing impact-resistant shingles is a wise decision. Whether you’re facing fierce storms or want to increase your home’s resale value, Class 4 shingles have got you covered. It’s a roofing investment that pays off in peace of mind and long-lasting protection.
So, which Class 4 shingles will you choose to safeguard your home?
Contact our pro team of roofers at Clean Cut Roofing today! See firsthand why we’re the Most Loved contractor among homeowners in East Texas. We’ll kick off your next roofing project with a free quote!